Saint John XXIII Parish celebrates Mass daily in the Extraordinary form of the Roman Rite – that is, the Traditional Latin (or Tridentine) Mass. Father James W. Dolan is Pastor of the parish.
Check the “About Us” page for the location of St. Boniface Church, home of Saint John XXIII Parish.
Questions? Call Please call Father Dolan at 412-434-1651, or send an email to LatinMassQuestions@gmail.com, which can be passed along to Fr. Dolan.
Catechism classes are cancelled for Sunday, January 14, due to the poor parking conditions on Haslage Ave. and the frigid weather forecast.
A few notes as 2018 arrives:
- Join us for a Holy Hour at 11 PM New Year’s Eve, followed by Low Mass at Midnight, and refreshments in the Archive Room afterwards.
- High Mass at 11 AM on New Year’s Day.
- No Mass will be offered on Tuesday, January 2.
- Please pray for Father Dolan, who will undergo cataract surgery twice, on Jan. 2 and 16.
- There’s a new gallery of photos of St. Boniface Church on the Gallery page.
The 2018 Liturgical Calendar from The Seraphim Company is now available for purchase in the vestibule of the church for $5 – a real bargain. These cost $9.65, plus shipping, if bought directly from the publisher. The calendar also contains seven pages of prayers and other Catholic information, including a large list of patron saints. There you can learn that the patron of shoe repairmen is St. Crispin.
Friday, December 8 is the Feast of the Immaculate Conception, a Holy Day of Obligation. A Low Mass will be offered at 9 AM, and a High Mass at 7 PM.
From Father Dolan: “Our outdoor Christmas Scene will be erected on Saturday, Dec. 9 at 10 AM. We can use some able bodied people to help set it up. Bring some tools, gloves and hats at 10 AM so that we can complete our yearly project in due time. Thanks in advance for giving of your time and abilities.”
Register soon (by Dec. 10) for the Gaudete Sunday Christmas Luncheon on December 17 at Scotus Hall Mt. Alvernia, from 1 to 4 PM. See the Upcoming Events page for full details.
Also, with December arriving tomorrow:
- First Friday Mass on December 1st is at 7 PM, followed by Holy Hour.
- First Saturday Mass and devotions at 9:30 AM on December 2nd.
- Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament on First Sunday, Dec. 3rd, following the 11 AM High Mass, and concluding with Benediction.